Writer required for a not-for-profit organization located in Downtown Toronto.
Job #: 281
Job Posted: July 4, 2019
- Work in collaboration with staff and external partners to write, edit, and/or proofread communication materials, including but not limited to website content, educational and professional resources, advisories, e-blasts, social media posts, briefing documents, announcements, and reports.
- Work with project coordinators with respect to project timing and quality control including copy editing, translation, design and production.
- Support on communication messaging to external stakeholders including members, employers, government, and the media.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to gather information about the purpose, audience, tone and content for internal and external communications pieces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of proven experience writing and editing a variety of communications.
- University degree, preferably majoring in English or Journalism.
- Experience producing communications products for government, the broader public sector and/or the regulatory sector.
- Proficiency in MS Office, such as Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact, SharePoint, HTML, and basic web editing.
- Copy editing and proofreading skills to edit a variety of communication products.
- Organizational and time management skills, detail-oriented and ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.