Underwriting Assistant for Canadian Division of International Insurance Company client, Remote-Based.
Marberg Job Number: 1299.
Job Type: Temporary, initial 12 month term with possible temp-to-perm option.
Compensation: $ 24.73/hour to $30.22/hour ($45K to $55K annual full time salary equivalent).
Work Hours: 9 am to 5 pm with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week).
Work Location: Currently remote-based; if hired full time, will have the option to work onsite in either Vancouver, Montreal or Toronto.
- Provide administrative, pre-underwriting and rating support to underwriters and other staff.
- Provide professional customer service to brokers, managers, colleagues and external suppliers as required, through email, phone, or in-person.
- Data entry, scanning and uploading of risk documentation into internal company systems.
- Ensuring and confirming that percentage of risk entries fall within pre-agreed upon levels.
- Clerical administration including photocopying, logging, scanning filing and archiving quotes and declinatures.
- Regular verbal and written interaction with other underwriting and operational teams, including Claims, Finance, Compliance, Management Services, etc.
- Drafting ad hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature.
- Additional underwriting assistant responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Post secondary degree or diploma.
Preferred Experience: Proven administrative, customer service and clerical processing experience, preferably within the insurance or financial services sectors.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice Suite, with a focus on MSExcel (will be tested).
- Fast and accurate data entry skills (will be tested).
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Professionalism, commitment to superior customer service and a self-motivated attitude, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1299
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 24.73
Date Updated 09/28/2021