Total Rewards Specialist required for provincial government agency.
Job #: 889
Job Type: Temporary, initial term six months with possibility of an extension.
Compensation: $26.52 – 29.17/hour
Location: onsite, downtown Toronto location
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of HR policies, programs and collective agreements as they relate to rewards and benefits.
- Administer organization’s salary structure and compensation program, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative authorities, collective agreements and applicable policies.
- Use strong coordination and workflow skills to develop implementation plans when there is new legislation or collective agreements to ensure an appropriate and timely integration.
- Track a variety of metrics related to compensation and benefits, monitoring the competitiveness of organization pay structure and benefits administration against similar employers and recommending adjustments as needed based on industry knowledge.
- Support general HR programs including performance management, attendance management, timeline structure and responding to general queries by managers and administrative staff.
- Develop a variety of informational material related to compensation and benefits programs to use at orientations, meetings and forums as required.
- Provide training and support to enhance understanding of compensation and benefits programs, collective agreements and legislative changes.
- Manage electronic employee HR information, ensuring data accuracy, integrity and compliance with relevant policies and legislation.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field of study (ie. Business) and 2+ years’ of related experience
- Experienced in a unionized environment an asset.
- Completion, or in the process of completing a HR designation. CHRP designation an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HR program and service delivery, compensation and benefits strategies and administration, employee relations and HR systems administration.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently, prioritize based on urgency and respond to fluctuating workload demands.
- Strong computer skills with experience using HR information systems, report writing programs, database management, spreadsheets, word processing and tracking performance metrics.
- Working knowledge of relevant HR legislation and demonstrated adherence within professional history.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders on matters related to HR and total rewards.
- Advanced analytic and problem-solving skills to prepare and maintain a variety of reports related to rewards, benefits and broader HR practices.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 889
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 26.52
Date Updated 09/21/2020