Total Rewards and HRIS Specialist for provincial government agency client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 2122.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: From January 2 2024 to June 28 2024.
Compensation: $85 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 hours per day, not including a .75 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s North York office, on TTC line.
To provide subject matter expertise, leadership and advisory services on Workday HRIS system in support of organization’s HR strategies, policies, programs, projects, and quality assurance.
- Act as expert resource on Workday product development, enhancement and change management projects, initiatives, and services, and support Workday requirements across the Human Resources Department.
- Serve as HRIS functional specialist supporting HCM area in Workday, including Performance Management, Core Compensation, Benefits, Talent, Advances Compensation, and Recruitment.
- Work closely with HR leadership, business partners and technical teams to gather, define and document requirements, provide recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, design and implement solutions, and ensure user ease of adoption.
- Provide direction, mentoring and guidance to HR team members on all Workday related matters and issues resolution.
- Liaise with Information Technology specialists to collaborate on, and support complex and new functionality, including creation, review, and participation in functional and regression testing for all system fixes, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance.
- Design and develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation to support change management and participate in communication of changes and benefits to users as the HR lead for Workday.
- Provide oversight in creation and maintenance of Workday related functionalities in Compensation, Absence, and Benefit plans.
- Collaborate with HR colleagues and Payroll on HRIS matters.
- Additional Total Rewards and HRIS development, analysis and advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in pertinent field of study.
Professional Credentials: Professional certificate in accredited HR program.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of HRIS specialist experience, preferably in Workday.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more Workday domains (e.g. Core HCM, Compensation, Benefits, Time and Absence, Payroll, Performance, Recruiting).
- Strong English communication skills, including advanced level business writing skills, strong technical writing skills, and verbal presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences, including senior leadership.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Functional HR experience.
- Expertise in employee data management and HR operations.
- Skilled in providing expertise, advice and training on Workday.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2122
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 85
Date Updated 03/11/2023