Technical Database Administrator required for Provincial Government agency located in Downtown Toronto.
Job #: 209
Job Posted: June 3, 2019
Compensation: $37.65/hour to $55.5/hour
- Design, implement and support a system that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete insightful solutions
- Understands business strategy and cascades business intelligence needs to the database level and support the creation of visualizations and reports in PowerBI
- Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Design, configure, implement and administer the databases involved in the project
- Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL
- Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
- Be responsible for overall reporting models, schedules, reliability, and performance.
- 10+ years of experience working as an applications database administrator on MS SQL Server
- 2+ years experience working directly with MS SQL 2017 or 2019 in a data warehousing solution
- 3+ years experience working directly with Microsoft Power BI
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field degree desired
- Microsoft SQL Server Certification is a plus
Job ID: 209
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 37.65
Date Updated 04/06/2019