Talent Acquisition Consultant for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1751.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 3, 2022 to January 6, 2023, with possibility of additional extension or direct hire.
Compensation: $32.39 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 8:30 am to 4:45 pm, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid: 3 days per week remote-based; 2 days per week onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near Union and GO Stations.
Talent Acquisition Consultant with experience in large engineering or infrastructure projects, unionized roles, and strategic sourcing.
- Develop talent acquisition plans for designated internal client groups according to department needs, in compliance with collective agreements, legal and regulatory requirements, and corporate policies and processes..
- Advise internal clients on talent acquisition and sourcing strategies, methodologies and best practices .
- Write job postings aligned with talent acquisition strategy and job description.
- Short-list and pre-qualify candidates for hiring manager’s review.
- Develop and recommend interview questions, ensuring relevant information is gathered to make an informed hiring decision.
- Evaluate results of talent acquisition strategies and recommend new or revised techniques in order to improve recruitment outcomes.
- Participate in special recruitment campaigns and projects.
- Additional Talent Acquisition responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive, related work experience in recruitment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Familiarity with Public Sector, Construction, Engineering, and Large Infrastructure Projects, and Unionized Employment environments preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency with MSOffice, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with an Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) or Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS).
- Familiarity with online Skills or Language Testing Systems.
- Familiarity with online Job Posting or Public Procurement boards.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and excellent grasp of spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills; ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking and consulting / advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1751
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 32.39
Date Updated 09/26/2022