Strategic Sourcing Manager for national public sector client, downtown Toronto office.
Marberg Job Number: 1750.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 11, 2022 to April 14, 2023, with possibility of extension or direct hire.
Compensation: $65 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid; primarily onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near TTC station, with some remote-work according to business need.
Responsible for developing and managing overall strategic sourcing program, including strategic sourcing and procurement roadmap, contract management strategy, and stakeholder relationship management strategy.
- Collaborate with jurisdictional procurement teams and legal counsel to plan and implement appropriate sourcing policies, practices and procedures, identifying practical and effective multi-jurisdictional sourcing options following public sector guidelines.
- Manage creation, issuing, evaluation, and negotiating of RFPs, bids, and associated contracts.
- Coordinate with and advise procurement teams on proposed Statements of Work (SOWs), change requests, invoices, and other contractual documents. Identify opportunities for cost reduction, cost avoidance and risk mitigation.
- Develop, propose, and implement operating principles, methodologies and tools to support effective contracts management and supplier quality control, including a Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) program. Develop and recommend key performance metrics to monitor performance and identify risks.
- Establish and refine service level targets, reporting methodologies, and analytics for designated program areas, to proactively identify trends, risks, challenges, and opportunities. Implement systems and tools to improve procurement and contract management processes for quicker timelines.
- Conduct annual supplier performance and contractual compliance audits and provide reports to management and suppliers accordingly. Work with suppliers to mitigate any findings.
- Manage own contracts portfolio supporting complex, long-term and high-impact programs.
- Additional strategic sourcing program responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary Degree in Business, Commerce or Public Administration.
Professional Credentials: ITIL and PMP Certification an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of sourcing, procurement, and contract management experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector procurement and IT category management experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficient MSOffice including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and technical/procedural writing skills
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to provide 3 recent, qualified employment references, who are available to speak with promptly upon request.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1750
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Procurement
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 65
Date Updated 09/22/2022