Strategic HR Manager for Provincial Government Agency.
Marberg Job #1168.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term 6-8 months, with possibility of extension.
Work hours: Regular day time hours; 36.25 hours per week.
Work location: Currently remote, but will transfer to downtown Toronto, onsite location later in the assignment.
Compensation: $43/hr to $53/hr according to experience.
- To lead the following HR functions within the organization: Labour Relations, HR Advisory Services, Health, Safety, Wellness, Training and Development, Accommodation Management, HR Compliance and Policy Development, Covid matters related to HR, Investigations, Strategic Workforce/HR Planning, and HR Projects.
- Will manage a team of 5 HR staff in addition to own portfolio, which includes policy and project management.
- Will lead HR projects and programs as required, within a project focused department.
- Will play a key role in an HR technical modernization initiative.
- Post secondary Degree or Diploma in related discipline.
- CHRP/CHRL Designation.
- 5+ years’ HR experience in Labour Relations.
- 7+ years’ HR experience from a unionized public sector environment.
- Proven people management experience, with the leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to coach, inspire and mentor a busy team.
- Superior business writing skills to write briefing notes, business cases, and strategy documents (will be tested).
- Strong verbal presentation skills, for both video-conference and in-person presentations.
- Advanced MS Office proficiency, including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (will be tested).
- Superior critical analysis and the strategic mindset to recommend solutions to complex problems.
- Strong technical background and familiarity with HRIS systems. Previous organizational start-up experience or HRIS system implementation experience a strong asset.
- Ability to work remotely and onsite as required.
- Ability to commit to the full initial term of the assignment and to extend your time commitment as required.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check, Education Verification and Employment References.
Excellent opportunity for seasoned HR leader to play key role in major organizational initiative for a complex, public sector organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1168
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 43
Date Updated 05/06/2021