Sr. Law Clerk – Private Firm to work in the areas of employment law, construction labour law and civil litigation.
Job type: Permanent, full time hours (35 hr/wk)
Compensation: $65,000+ dependent upon experience
Work location: Onsite with strict COVID protocols in place
- Draft pleadings, motions, memoranda, judgments, orders and affidavits
- Administer the areas of litigation and class action law (supervised by lawyer)
- Review and summarize transcripts of examinations, isolating undertakings and refusals and assembling undertaking responses
- Maintain enforcement of judgment files (writs, garnishment, seizure & sale, etc)
- Draft and prepare bills of cost and cost outlines
- Trial preparation including research, document & brief preparation, and drafting requests & notices
- Executing corporate searches including name, bankruptcy, PPSA, etc.
- Maintain firm precedent files
- Act as resource for support staff, articling students and lawyers.
- 5+ years experience in litigation law clerk capacity
- Law Clerk certificate, and ILCO eligibility
- Superior knowledge of Rules of Civil Procedure in Ontario, Small Claims Court, Federal Court and Supreme Court
- Excellent written/verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in software, including document management system
- Ability to attend seminars, as necessary
- Works well both in a team environment, and independently as the situation dictates
- Proven ability to give direction to others.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1072
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Clerical, Legal
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 65000
Date Updated 11/02/2021