Software Developer & Programmer for large public sector employer, Mississauga head office.
Marberg Job Number: 1648.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to January 2023, with possibility of additional extension.
Compensation: $44.33 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Work Hours: 8:30 am tp 4:30 pm, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week). Occasional paid overtime may be required.
Work Location: Hybrid: 2 days remote-based, 3 days onsite, at Client’s Mississauga office.
Support.Net C# and Powershell software development and programming projects for academic systems infrastructure and applications.
- Produce code using .NET infrastructure. Participate in the design, development, coding, customization, configuration, testing and deployment of software solutions.
- .Net C# development
- PowerShell development
- Maintain code and resolve system defects.
- Participate in documentation of client requirements.
- Identify and analyze interfaces between systems; enhance existing systems, identifying areas for modification and improvement.
- Prepare test based applications.
- Develop and enhance databases, stored procedures, functions, Oracle views and SQL views.
- Develop, implement and apply methodologies to electronically validate data.
- Additional development and programming responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary education in computer science or related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive, related work experience as a software developer and computer programmer.
Preferred Sector Experience: Experience with academic systems software development and applications preferred.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (Oracle) and SQL server T-SQL.
- Sound experience with Crystal Reports.
- Advanced proficiency with .Net C# and PowerShell.
- Familiarity with CSV, XML, and Positional File Formats
- Familiarity with REST Services.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business and technical writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Strong experience with system interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Strong relationship management skills including vendor management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Excellent listening skills: demonstrated ability to effectively participate in professional discussions and provide and receive feedback and recommendations.
- Pleasant and courteous; able to work well both independently and cooperatively as part of a team and liaise effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1648
Location: Canada Ontario Mississauga
Category: Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 44.33
Date Updated 06/18/2022