Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist for provincial government agency client located in Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1354.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term ASAP to March 31, 2022, with anticipated extension.
Work Location: Hybrid: both remote and onsite (to work 2 days per week onsite after January 1 2022 at client’s mid-town Toronto office, on TTC line).
- Accountable for providing specialized expertise, services and advice in all aspects of recruitment, onboarding and orientation in support of organization HR strategies, programs and policies, and to ensure fair and equitable hiring practices.
- Conducts forecasting and development of plans for key recruitment initiatives, optimizes talent acquisition processes, and ensures business needs are met in order to attract and retain high performing talent.
- Develops and implements recruitment plans for each competition and supports hiring team in development of job postings, outreach strategies and recruitment processes.
- Develops and advises in the preparation of competition packages (e.g. interview questions. tests, assignments, reference questions) and participates on selection panels.
- Develops, implements, and leads onboarding and orientation programs for new executives, managers and employees.
- Leads and participates in internal HR committees, and prepares presentations and briefings for Director or CHRO, for submission to CEO and Board of Directors as required.
- Additional strategic Talent Acquisition responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or related field.
Preferred Experience: At least 4+ years of experience in provision and oversight of recruitment programs, plans and initiatives. Hiring experience within a unionized employment environment an asset.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficient in Workday Recruitment application (asset) and Windows applications, e.g. MSWord, Excel, etc.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Specialized experience in all aspects of recruitment including strategy and planning.
- Ability to identify and implement innovative recruitment methods suitable for an evolving organization and unionized environment.
- Understanding of legislation (e.g. Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act) applicable to recruitment within a broader public sector organization.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Superior interpersonal skills: excellent listening skills; ability to work collaboratively within a team and liaise effectively with diverse stakeholder group; ability to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Employment References and COVID Clearance as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1354
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 60
Date Updated 11/14/2021