Senior Research and Business Analyst for provincial government regulatory client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2087.
Job Type: Temp to Perm.
Initial Term: ASAP to March 29, 2024, with possibility of full time permanent hire.
Compensation: From $48.50 per hour to $52.20 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 3 days remote-based and 2 days onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and near TTC station.
Within a team environment, will lead collection and documentation of business, data, and reporting requirements to support delivery of business solutions, and to advance organization’s regulatory mandate. Will interact with and provide guidance to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, on a range of complex issues.
- Act as Branch point of contact for organization-wide operational and accountability reporting.
- Conduct market and industry research on latest reporting KPI’s, industry best practices and benchmarks.
- Use internal database, analytics and reporting tools to analyze business performance data to produce scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
- Develop, maintain and report on mandate and program deliverables, using Branch-wide performance measures. Develop project plans to ensure inputs from all pertinent business units are received and reporting timelines are met.
- Synthesize complex submissions from a variety of subject matter experts. Analyze large sets of operational business data, define key operational performance indicator targets, and identify key messages.
- Craft highly consumable written reporting and provide high-quality reports in support of strategic management decisions.
- Additional research, reporting and business consulting/advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary degree in Communications, Business Administration or related discipline. Master’s Degree preferred.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of progressive consulting/advisory experience from a consulting firm, financial institution, or government office; with emphasis on reports and presentations to senior leadership.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced MS PowerPoint proficiency (will be tested).
- Proficiency with analytics and/or reporting tools such as Tableau, Adobe or other BI design tools preferred.
- Expert level English communication skills, including advanced business writing skills and verbal presentation skills suitable to a diverse range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Experience analyzing high volumes of data from a variety of sources, and ability to formulate data into simple, complete and concise qualitative and quantitative formats.
- Experience leading, developing, and delivering effective reports, presentations and briefing notes.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to promptly provide 3 qualified employment references upon request who are available to speak with either Marberg or Marberg’s client.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2087
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 48.5
Date Updated 05/10/2023