Senior Project Coordinator for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2090.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: From November 6, 2023 for an initial 12 month term, with possibility of extension up to an additional 12 months, subject to client business requirements.
Compensation: From $40 per hour to $60 per hour, according to experience.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during client’s regular business hours of 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC station. Minimum of 2 days per week to be worked onsite.
To oversee, coordinate, and implement significant projects, conducting gap analysis, assessing policy requirements, developing program policy and related operating guidelines, providing quality control authority and acting as strategic advisor to senior management.
- Oversee and coordinate project work from start to completion, identifying milestones, timelines, and financial, material and human resource requirements, and ensuring achievement of contractual commitments.
- Engage with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to conduct gap analysis and identify policy and procedural requirements. Develop annual work plans, and prepare policy options and documents within policy management framework, for review and approval.
- Plan, organize and direct coordination of human, financial and material resources for projects; plan and develop complex business cases and financial approval submissions; and understand and implement government and ministry objectives while remaining within budget.
- Ensure integration and alignment of projects within business strategic planning framework. Identify, evaluate, and recommend changes or improvements as a result of project deliverables implementation, and ensure knowledge transfer.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and consultation processes with all staff, clients, partners and stakeholders; manage strategic issues resolution; share information; and provide training. Encourage collaboration and discussion, secure support, and promote initiatives.
- Set work priorities, act on time-critical tasks and milestones, and provide progress reports to management, ensuring accurate and timely documentation of project work to agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to current or emergent trends, issues or considerations, and provide in-depth and sophisticated advice and interpretation of regulations to resolve complex project management issues. Ensure all work is completed according to regulatory and policy requirements.
- Ensure confidentiality of information according to Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), directives and procedures.
- Provide authoritative advice to ministry officials on project work up to and including the offices of the Minister, Deputy Minister and Assistant Deputy Ministers, and agency senior management.
- Additional project oversight, control, coordination, implementation and reporting responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Professional Credentials: PMP Designation preferred.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of progressive experience in project coordination and control.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong proficiency with MSOffice applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and MS Teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Project Management tools and platforms.
- Expert level English communication skills, including advanced level business writing skills, and verbal presentation skills suitable to a diverse range of audiences, including senior leadership.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated expertise in project planning, project governance, and establishment of project scope, objectives, resources and responsibilities.
- Advanced understanding of project standards, policies, controls and lifecycle methodologies, to coordinate and implement branch-wide project management practices.
- Demonstrated familiarity with all project phases including planning phase, execution phase, and summary/wrap-up phase. Experience ensuring satisfactory fulfillment of project milestone and budget requirements.
- Familiarity with generally accepted financial, budgeting, procurement, tendering and contract management methodologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with quality assurance processes, policies, techniques, tools, best practices and standards.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2090
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 40
Date Updated 05/10/2023