Senior Procurement Specialist required for Provincial Government Agency.
Job #: 796
Job Type: Temporary, initial term June 8, 2020- December 31, 2020
Hours: Regular daytime hours
Rate Per Hour: $48/hr
- Advise on complex procurement initiatives, research and data use to lead major procurements, preparing RFPs, and ensuring government accountability to fair and equitable procurement processes at all times.
- Identify and practice cost saving measures through reduction of duplication, volume leveraging and demand aggregation by implementation of enterprise wide requirements.
- Perform procurement controllership services to clients, improving consistency and quality assurance in regards to vendor selection, contract negotiation and contractual standards policies.
- Develop and support procurement policy writing through practice and research, reviewing procurements from Supply Chain and provincial Ministry leadership to ensure compliance.
- Create material for internal and external stakeholder communication with high level executives, including briefings, internal training and policy and research presentation.
- 5+ years in increasingly senior public sector procurement roles.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in related discipline
- Extensive working knowledge of public sector procurement practices with a specific focus on OPS policies, RFP specifications and management of large scale procurement initiatives.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor communication to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and to apply skills as a team lead.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in project management and follow through on complex procurement projects, provide procurement staff training, and guide team in project research and risk assessment.
- Working knowledge of contract agreement practices including contract law, competitive bidding case law, leasing, and licensing options for risk assessment, with the ability to apply knowledge to client goals and business decisions.
- Ability to effectively manage client relationships using business goals and procurement strategies to meet requirements and develop resources.
- Advanced competencies in the following areas: analysis and problem solving, team supervision and guidance, decision making, persuasion skills, interpersonal abilities, digital word processing and analytics reporting software.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 796
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Procurement
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 48
Date Updated 08/05/2020