Senior Internal Auditor required for a Provincial Government office.
Job #: 359
Job Posted: August 2, 2019
Job Type :Temporary Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and conduct audit projects (e.g. compliance, financial management, value for money).
- Develops audit terms of reference and work plans to identify risks and measure the achievement of business objectives.
- Consults with audit management and Client’s to develop the frameworks to be used in describing the risk management strategies; conducts assessment of the control strategies, structures and systems and establishes/documents the operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas.
- Prepares reports.
- Position works under the general direction of the Manager, Risk and Assurance.
- Services/Senior Audit Manager and within generally accepted standards, principles and practices for auditing, accounting, and risk management and quality systems.
- Frequent contact with Client’s to provide advice, expertise and recommendations regarding the functioning and adequacy of the organization’s control strategies and systems.
- Must possess knowledge of and proven experience in generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, audit practices and methodologies (e.g. IIA, PSAB) to establish/document the operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas or to conduct information technology audits.
- Knowledge of project management methodology.
- Ability to apply various analytical techniques and methods to issues/problems.
- Knowledge of computer applications controls and computer assisted audit techniques to extract and analyze information contained in computer programs; computer skills for word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, email and database applications (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Job ID: 359
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 3
Pay Rate 35
Date Updated 01/08/2019