Senior Internal Auditor – Provincial Government
Position Type: Temporary, initial term to January 29, 2020
Hours: 36.25 hours per week, regular daytime hours
Work location: currently remote; position may transfer to an onsite Toronto work location at a later date.
- To provide expertise, advice in risk management, business consulting and assurance services to management to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Risk Management, including providing expertise, advice and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs; design and implement risk assessment and quality assurance tools to meet the needs of government and external clients.
- Assurance, Analysis and Advice, including evaluation of client needs, and promoting consulting and educational services to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design, change management, performance measurement, quality assurance, risk management, controllership and related policies and procedures.
- Planning, coordinating, and leading large complex and multiple audit projects; including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits.
- Execution of the audit including leading, supervising and coordinating audit activities, e.g. interviewing stakeholders, documenting systems, extracting data and information, researching internal and external sources of information and reporting and presenting recommendations to management and stakeholders.
- Proven expertise in generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, current audit practices and methodologies.
- Project management skills to establish/document operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas and to participate in strategic and operational planning/implementation of concurrent projects within budget and target date.
- Proven expertise in generally accepted risk management frameworks and principles, principles, practices, standards, methodologies and contemporary advancements in the field to manage the client’s risk management services, provide advice and expertise.
- Familiarity with Government financial and accounting principles (GAAP,PSAB), policies and processes to audit financial reporting and accountability frameworks/processes and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the client’s financial information
- Consulting and education skills to provide consulting and educational services to clients, present audit findings, prepare briefing material, and to provide advice on various control and risk assessment strategies and processes.
- Computer applications such as specialized audit software ( eg IDEA, Audit Command Language)
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills to assist clients at senior management level in meeting the business objectives and influencing corrective action
- Presentation skills to provide explanations of complex risk and prevention issues and strategies and present audit findings to clients and senior management.
- Negotiation skills to lead audit projects with stakeholders and negotiate and promote cost beneficial & practical recommendations resulting from audit findings.
- Analyzing / Problem Solving skills to analyze, describe and implement the client’s risk management and control strategies and analyze financial information including audited financial statements, budgets and settlements or transfer payments
- Occasional requirement to work beyond normal hours when required to travel outside of town or accommodate clients schedule.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 845
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 60
Date Updated 08/06/2020