Senior Internal Auditor-Provincial Government
Job Type: Temporary Assignment/Initial Term Jan 21 2020-March 31 2020
Hours: Standard 36.25 Hours Per Week, regular business hours, with possibility of overtime
Travel Requirement: possibility of travel to other audit sites within Ontario
- To provide expertise, advice in risk management, business consulting and assurance services to senior management to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Risk Management and Consultations – Provides expertise, advice and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs.
- Assurance, Analysis and Advice -Evaluates client needs, identifies, and markets consulting and educational services to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design, change management, performance measurement, quality assurance, risk management, controllership and related policies and procedures.
- Project Management and Coordination -Plans, conducts, coordinates and leads multiple, complex audit projects including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits. Execution of the audit requires leading, supervising and coordinating audit activities.
- Research current business trends and best practices using multiple sources of information to advise clients on specialized matters and possible alternatives as well as their overall audit program and related risks.
- Analyze financial information including audited financial statements, budgets and settlements or transfer payments recipients with respect to initiating recoveries of surplus and/or unspent public funds.
- Plan audit projects, provide technical guidance, training and coaching to assigned team members and resolve all problems during the course of an audit.
- Assure decisions adhere to functionally-related auditing and accounting principles, audit policies, professional and government standards such as Institute of Internal Auditors standards, directives and codes of conduct.
- Knowledge of and skills in generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, current audit practices and methodologies.
- Project management skills to establish/document the Ministry’s operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas and to participate in strategic and operational planning/implementation of concurrent projects within budget and target date.
- Familiar with generally accepted risk management frameworks and principles, principles, practices, standards, methodologies and contemporary advancements in the field
- Familiar with government financial and accounting principles (GAAP,PSAB), policies and processes to audit financial reporting and accountability frameworks/processes and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the client’s financial information
- Consulting and education skills to provide consulting and educational services to clients, present audit findings, prepare briefing material, and to provide advice on various control and risk assessment strategies and processes.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as specialized audit software ( eg IDEA, Audit Command Language) which is used to identify discrepancies in large quantities of data, and to determine areas of highest risk to direct audit testing
- PC skills and computer applications for use of word processing, spreadsheets, email and database applications.
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills to assist clients at senior management level in meeting the business objectives and influencing corrective action;
- Presentation skills to provide explanations of complex risk and prevention issues and strategies and present audit findings to clients and senior management.
- Negotiation skills to lead audit projects with stakeholders and negotiate and promote cost beneficial & practical recommendations resulting from audit findings.
- Analyzing / Problem Solving Skills to apply prescribed methodologies, such as risk evaluation techniques, to analyze, describe and implement the ministries risk management and control strategies with consideration given to the needs of clients, professional standards, trends and issues.
Easy access primary work location downtown Toronto on TTC line. Friendly, professional work environment. Excellent introductory professional opportunity for experienced Internal Auditors to the Ontario public sector.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 632
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 50
Date Updated 01/13/2020