Senior Internal Auditor required for a Provincial Government office located in Downtown Toronto.
Job #: 519
Job Posted: October 29, 2019
# of Openings: 1
- Provides expertise, advice and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs.
- Utilize appropriate risk assessment and management methodologies to monitor, evaluate, report risks to senior management and identify risks and adopt risk mitigation strategies
- Design and implement risk assessment and quality assurance tools to meet the needs of government and external clients.
- Evaluates client needs, identifies, and markets consulting and educational services to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design, change management, performance measurement, quality assurance, risk management, controllership and related policies and procedures.
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and leads multiple, complex audit projects including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits.
- Knowledge of government generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, current audit practices and methodologies.
- Project management skills to establish/document the Ministry’s operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas.
- Knowledge of generally accepted risk management frameworks and principles, principles, practices, standards, methodologies and contemporary advancements in the field to manage the client ministry’s risk management services.
- Consulting and education skills to provide consulting and educational services to clients.
- Computer applications such as specialized audit software (e.g. IDEA, Audit Command Language)
- Proficiency in PC skills and computer applications for use of word processing, spreadsheets, email and database applications.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 519
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 40
Date Updated 10/30/2019