Senior Internal Auditor to provide expertise and advice in risk management, business consulting, assurance services and project management and coordination to the senior management of Ontario Provincial Government Internal Audit Team and its client ministries to support the achievement of their collective business objectives.
Position Type: Temporary
- Risk Management and Business Consultation:
- Provides expertise, advice and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs.
- Apply appropriate risk assessment and management methodologies to monitor, evaluate, report risks to senior management and identify risks and adopt risk mitigation strategies.
- Analyze financial information including audited financial statements, budgets and settlements or transfer payments recipients with respect to initiating recoveries of surplus and/or unspent public funds.
- Assurance Services
- Evaluates client needs, identifies, and markets consulting and educational services to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design, change management, performance measurement, quality assurance, risk management, controllership and related policies and procedures.
- Project Management and Coordination:
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and leads multiple, complex audit projects including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits.
- Execution of the audit requires leading, supervising and coordinating audit activities. These tasks require interviewing stakeholders, documenting systems, extracting data and information, researching internal and external sources of information and reporting and presenting recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Generally accepted risk management frameworks and principles, principles, practices, standards, methodologies and contemporary advancements in the field to manage the client ministry’s risk management services, provide advice and expertise.
- Government financial and accounting principles (GAAP,PSAB), policies and processes to audit financial reporting and accountability frameworks/processes and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the client’s financial information
- Consulting and education skills to provide consulting and educational services to clients, present audit findings, prepare briefing material, and to provide advice on various control and risk assessment strategies and processes.
- Computer applications such as specialized audit software ( e.g., IDEA, Audit Command Language, TeamMate) to identify discrepancies in large quantities of data, and determine areas of highest risk to direct audit testing.
- Presentation skills to provide explanations of complex risk and prevention issues and strategies and present audit findings to clients and senior management.
- Negotiation skills to lead audit projects with stakeholders and negotiate and promote cost beneficial & practical recommendations resulting from audit findings.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight/out of town, within Ontario.
Excellent professional opportunity for qualified Senior Internal Auditor with Transfer Payment audit experience. Easy access head office location near TTC, however some travel required. Friendly, professional team environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 369
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 2
Pay Rate 40
Date Updated 08/08/2019