Senior Internal and IT Auditors – Internal Controls Review, for provincial government client, remote-based.
Marberg Job Number: 1308.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term October 25, 2021 to April 1, 2022.
Work Hours: Regular Business Hours (36.25 hours per week), with possibility of occasional, pre-scheduled overtime as required.
Work Location: Remote.
- Review and completion of Audit Working Papers confirming effectiveness of tested internal controls.
- Evaluation of client needs and provision of advisory services to clients on risk management and control strategies, using appropriate risk assessment and management methodologies. Ensure adherence to relevant, established auditing and accounting principles, professional standards, directives and codes of conduct.
- Evaluation and communication of IT related risks and their business impacts. Conducting root-cause/trend analysis and making recommendations accordingly.
- Preparation and presentation of concise, evidence-based reports to senior leadership on identified issues.
- Additional Internal and IT Audit responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Post Secondary Degree in related discipline.
Professional Credentials: CPA and/or CIA Designation preferred.
Preferred Experience: 5+ years’ of relevant Audit Experience, including expertise with Audit Working Papers and IT Internal Controls.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency with specialized audit software, e.g. IDEA, Audit Command Language (ACL), Sharpe Decisions, to facilitate evaluation of large volumes of data, and risks associated with IT systems.
- Proficiency with MSOffice Suite, especially Excel and Word.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Expertise in generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, and current audit practices and methodologies, including IT control frameworks and specialized auditing techniques to conduct IT and business audit engagements and special investigation assignments.
- Expertise in generally accepted risk management frameworks as applied to IT, including emerging technologies, security, e-commerce, and other IT applications and systems, in support of overall control and governance frameworks.
- Proficiency with Government/Public Sector specific financial and accounting principles (e.g. GAAP, PSAB) to audit financial reporting and accountability.
- Proficiency with Information Management principles, methodologies and tools such as records management, e-discovery techniques, relevant legislation (e.g. FIPPA, PIPEDA, Archives and Recordkeeping Act).
- Experience working with senior leadership to provide advice and negotiate solutions and proposed strategies.
- Strong presentation skills to explain complex risk and prevention issues and present audit findings.
- Strong project and time management skills to balance multiple projects and audit engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to discuss and prepare audit reports and other documentation.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills: excellent listening skills; ability to work cooperatively within a team; ability to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Satisfactory Background Check and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1308
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 6
Pay Rate 50
Date Updated 06/10/2021