Senior Financial Analyst for provincial government ministry located in downtown Toronto. Provides financial expertise for the consolidation of financial information.
Update (March 13, 2020): This position is still open, however our client has closed it to new candidates at this time. Any resumes submitted for this position will be held on file to be reviewed should this position re-open and for future job opportunities.
Position type: Temporary, full-time hours
Salary range: $35-40/hr
- Review and analyze financial statements
- Ensure compliance with government and accounting requirements
- Investigate discrepancies, documentation and data integrity matters
- Develop internal financial reports
- Liaise with financial and audit staff and with systems professionals to discuss the development of processes and systems
- Work on financial system application improvement projects
- Responsible for ongoing financial system and data maintenance
- Lead project group meetings, providing status updates on timelines, costs and deliverables
- Liaise with Information Technology, and external IT vendors.
- 3+ years experience in similar role
- Professional accounting designation or equivalent experience
- Project management skills
- Sound knowledge of CICA accounting standards and reporting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving ability
- Experience in leadership and team coordination.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 704
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Financial and Investment, Government
Number Of Positions 3
Pay Rate 35
Date Updated 06/25/2020