Senior Financial Analyst – Government to provide expertise for consolidation of financial records from multiple sources. 3 positions available
Job # 1139
Job type: Temporary (initial term to Oct 15)
Compensation: $35-40/hr dependent on experience
Work location: currently remote
- Review and analyze financial statements with view to consolidation, and compliance with government and accounting precepts
- Consolidate complex financial information where a range of issues, data integrity and quality must meet strict requirements
- Investigate discrepancies, data integrity and inadequate documentation
- Lead and provide advice to financial consolidations working groups, especially advising on complex accounting and business risk
- Advise on financial system application projects and initiatives
- Lead project groups to ensure completion within requirements and time restrictions, including coordinating meetings, providing status updates and reports
- Review business cases and applications to ensure compliance with ministry policies and legislation
- Liaise with government ministries, colleagues, auditors, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Experience in development and maintenance of business reporting systems and processes
- Superior knowledge of CICA generally accepted accounting standards
- Professional accounting designation or equivalent experience
- Proven project management abilities
- Excellent working knowledge of system and development principles, and operation of large scale computer systems for financial reporting
- Analytical skills, and the communication ability to present findings and recommendations to senior management and external organizations
- Demonstrated leadership and team coordination skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1139
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Financial and Investment, Government
Number Of Positions 3
Pay Rate 35
Date Updated 04/22/2021