Senior Data Analyst for a provincial government agency client, Scarborough head office.
Marberg Job Number: 1808.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: 6 months, with possibility of extension.
Compensation: From $40 per hour, with some flexibility according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including 45 minute unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s Scarborough head office, with free parking provided.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
To provide professional expertise to design and implement Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) programs.
- Will be working within a team of data specialists to design and program a complex data pipeline for maintaining elector, address, and property information in the agency registry.
- Implement ETL programs to intake data from multiple data suppliers using SQL and T-SQL.
- Provide analysis expertise to identify data anomalies and patterns and improve data cleaning, transformation and loading into the register.
- Prepare physical database models based on project specific information.
- Collaborate with solution architects, business analysts, database developers, data suppliers, partners, and vendors.
- Assure data quality, security, and confidentiality compliance for register data.
Education: Post secondary Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of hands-on SQL programming for ETL data processing in SQL Server.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector project experience in data analysis and programming preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Expert SQL skills to develop and maintain complex queries, scripts, and stored procedures.
- Significant work experience with SSIS considered an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing and technical/business-process writing skills and experience.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of database managements systems, specifically MS SQL Server.
- Ability to interpret existing data models, develop and document new models and processes for data intake, cleaning, standardization, transformation, and loading.
- Experience in preparing data quality assessments, data validation, matching and reconciliation.
- Hands-on experience with spatial data processing considered a significant asset.
- Good communication skills required to work with multiple users and stakeholders.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible and reliable.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to provide 3 qualified employment references at point of resume submission (references will not be contacted without your express permission and introduction).
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1808
Location: Canada Ontario Scarborough
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 0
Date Updated 11/11/2022