Senior Business Transformation Analyst for provincial government agency client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 2130.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 27, 2023 to August 30, 2024.
Compensation: $90 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid combination of remote-based and minimum 3 days per week onsite at client’s North York office, on TTC line.
To define, analyze, and document user requirements, procedures, and challenges; to develop new solutions; to identify value propositions and dependencies across initiatives; to advocate for change; to act as a bridge between the Business and IT; and to continuously and proactively drive strategic and operational initiatives in order to address identified business needs, foster growth, and meet strategic priorities.
- Conduct analysis of existing documentation, and document current processes through participation or facilitation of brainstorming sessions and stakeholder workshops. Gather requirements and document detailed business requirements, use cases, and user stories.
- Formulate and facilitate discussion identifying current-state gaps and pain points, and documenting conceptual target-state processes. Perform research, and conduct data gathering exercises to support options and recommendations. Elicit, document, validate and prioritize functional and non-functional system requirements in collaboration with business clients, end users and project stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders cross functionally to develop a case for change. Assess options across a defined set of criteria; monitor business cases; and seek ways for value creation and optimization.
- Develop initial cost estimates for project execution.
- Conduct presentations regarding assessment findings and recommendations, project status and current issues.
- Mentor and train junior analysts to support implementation of business process knowledge transfer.
- Additional research, analysis, collaborative, advisory, change management and mentorship responsibilities as required.
Education: Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Engineering, or related field.
Professional Credentials: Certified Business Analysis Professional (CPAB) designation preferred.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 8+ years of progressive experience in a similar role.
Leadership Experience and Skills: Superior training and educational skills in order to create a safe place for junior analysts to learn and grow.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSOffice applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Superior English communication skills, including expert level business writing skills, proficient technical writing skills, and excellent verbal communication and presentation skills suitable for a range of audiences including senior leadership.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of Business Analysis and Business Architecture Frameworks, Change Management Principles, and Project Management.
- Experience writing use cases and business requirements documents.
- Experience developing process flows using BPMN 2.0 Standards.
- Experience delivering business transformation consulting and advisory services.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, with the ability to engage with and motivate a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2130
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 90
Date Updated 11/14/2023