Senior Business Process Engineer – Part Time Hours for provincial government agency client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 2143.
Job Type: Temporary Part Time.
Initial Term: From January 2, 2024 to August 30 2024.
Compensation: From $90 per hour to $110 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: PART TIME HOURS; Up to 20 hours per week, to be worked between the hours of 6 am to 6 pm, Monday to Friday, with exact hours to be established with hiring manager according to client business requirements.
Work Location: Primarily remote-based, with occasional onsite meetings at client’s North York office.
Collaborate with internal and external stakeholder groups to study customer, operational and performance data; identify process improvement and automation opportunities; and leverage strong process improvement, analytical, and project management skills to drive operational process efficiencies.
- Document current processes through participation in or facilitation of brainstorming sessions and cross-functional stakeholder workshops.
- Work with Systems Architects, Business Analysts, and Change Management team members to study current practices and improve organizational efficiencies, with a combined focus on Process-Technology-People.
- Visualize as-is and to-be business processes (process mapping) and process performance (process modeling). Utilize BPI methodologies including Lean, Six Sigma, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, and Customer Journey Mapping.
- Identify and implement ways to measure and track productivity by assessing and defining process metrics.
- Develop recommendations on process reengineering and standardization by evaluating efficiency improvements and quality of output.
- Conduct presentations on assessment findings, recommendations, project status and current issues.
- Ensure technology is implemented with the most efficient processes and minimal customization.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget and within quality targets.
- Additional business process analysis, documentation, and engineering responsibilities as required.
Education: Post-secondary education with a focus on any combination of Engineering, Business Analysis, Supply Chain, Logistics or demonstrated experience.
Professional Credentials: Must have Six Sigma certification.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 15+ years of business process improvement experience, with a continuous improvement background.
Preferred Sector Experience: Must have business process management or business analysis experience from an ERP level organization.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong proficiency in MSOffice applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong English communication skills, including advanced level business writing skills, satisfactory technical writing skills, and strong verbal presentation skills suitable to a diverse range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated knowledge of BPI and systems thinking methodologies.
- Strong process design facilitation skills, and process measurement design expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, working with, and coordinating teams.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Pleasant and courteous. Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2143
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 90
Date Updated 04/12/2023