Senior Branch Administrator for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1761.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 21, 2022 to March 31, 2023, with possibility of extension or direct hire.
Compensation: $37.91 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week). Additional paid hours or flex hours occasionally required in order to attend and support special events outside of regular business hours.
Work Location: Hybrid – 2 days remote-based and 3 days onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near TTC station.
Ergonomic Requirements: In additional to regular desk work, there will be occasional off desk work and light ergonomic requirements related to special events, meeting or equipment set up, including lifting, handling or transporting light to medium weight items.
Travel Requirements: Occasional travel within the GTA to offsite events.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
Provide advanced level administrative, financial processing, special events coordination, business research, corporate communications, and documents production services. Will support a leadership team, as well as the daily operational requirements, special initiatives, and projects of two technology-focused Branches. Will actively contribute to a highly collaborative, team-based work environment.
- Manage calendars and email, including scheduling meetings, prioritizing email messages, and using excellent judgement and professional experience to directly respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
- Research articles, publications and papers and prepare summaries of relevant information and key issues as briefing material for management.
- Manage general Branch email addresses, disseminating emails to appropriate Branch staff.
- Plan and coordinate large and/or high profile meetings, presentations, and events. Will act as the primary administrative contact, collaborating with other administrative staff across the organization.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for internal and external parties as required, including airfare, accommodation, and ground transportation, ensuring costs within prescribed budget and policy limits, and initiating approvals for exceptions.
- Track business unit expenses and training budgets, and advise budget owners accordingly.
- Review and reconcile invoices, resolve discrepancies, input coding, coordinate requisitions and approvals, and submit for processing.
- Prepare reports and presentations by compiling content, developing charts, graphs and tables based on computation of statistical data, proofreading, formatting, and printing materials.
- Prepare standard and specialized communications materials and notices according to organization policies.
- Additional Branch administration responsibilities as required.
Education: College diploma in Accounting, Human Resources or Office Administration.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive business administration experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Financial services sector experience or related education an asset. Professional work experience from both a start-up organization as well as a long established organization an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced level proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel (may be tested).
- Experience working with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Superior English communication skills, both written and verbal, including expert level business writing, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Senior administrative and business operations support experience from a professional office environment, including supporting a senior executive team and two or more business lines.
- A capable, confident personality, with a high level of enthusiasm and energy. An individual who is operationally agile, flexible, and adaptable to change.
- Innovative, open to trying new technology, methodologies and non-traditional approaches. Skilled at exploring and utilizing technical and procedural solutions to resolve business problems and enhance operational performance.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization. Polished and professional telephone manners.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills; ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to provide 3 recent, qualified employment references, who are available to speak with promptly upon request.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, and Technical Skills Evaluations as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1761
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 37.91
Date Updated 09/30/2022