Senior Administrative Assistant to Executive Head Office, provincial government ministry client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1905.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: May 1, 2023 to October 2, 2023 with possibility of extension.
Compensation: $26.41 per hour to $27.43 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – approximately 1-2 days per week remote-based and 3-4 days per week onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near Union and GO Station. May be scheduled to work up to 5 days per week onsite, according to business need.
Coordinate day-to-day administration and operations of Executive Office to ensure efficient and effective functioning. Provide range of executive and administrative support services to Executive Office and Management Team, including scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, gathering background information for meetings, flagging priority items, tracking correspondence and approvals, ordering supplies and equipment, collating materials, completing expense reconciliations, and maintaining an inventory of IT assets.
- Act as first point of communication to Executive Office, reviewing correspondence, informing Executive of any matters requiring their direct attention, and liaising with senior Ministry staff and external stakeholders as required.
- Relay information and directives from senior management to appropriate Division staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Provide necessary support information to Executive Office including research summaries, briefing notes, and other information as required.
- Attend meetings with senior Division staff or committees of other Divisions or Ministries, and take follow-up action on items as required by senior management.
- Additional administrative and executive office support responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary education in business administration or related field, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of progressive administrative support experience within a professional office environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector work experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with on-line database and electronic file sharing systems. Familiarity with correspondence tracking database an asset.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional character, conduct, and strong work ethic.
- Excellent administrative and communication skills, with ability to professionally respond to high profile or sensitive matters, draft correspondence and reports, and effectively act as a liaison between executives, senior management, and other ministries and government agencies.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Excellent learner, with superior reading and subject matter comprehension skills, in order to work in compliance with ministry policies, procedures and governing legislation.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security check upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1905
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 26.41
Date Updated 07/03/2023