Senior Administrative and HR Coordinator for IT consulting firm client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2137.
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent.
Initial Term: ASAP on a month to month basis, with expected conversion to full time permanent employment, subject to performance and client business requirements.
Compensation: From $30 per hour, with some flexibility according to experience. Will be eligible for the firm’s benefits plan after permanent hire.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS; from 8 am to 5 pm not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (40 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and near Union and GO Stations.
Senior Administrative and HR Coordinator to provide diverse range of business administration and HR services to a professional firm, including HR administration, employee relationship management, and some financial administration such as invoicing and budget forecasting.
- Monitor incoming emails and prioritize, and forward to appropriate party or respond directly as needed.
- Assist with meeting scheduling, calendar management and travel arrangements for the executive team.
- Update and maintain CRM databases and other spreadsheets as required.
- Maintain and update budget and other financial information for forecasting and financial planning purposes.
- Billings administration, invoicing and expense claims processing, and other financial administrative tasks as required.
- Documents review and administration, including preparing, proofing and formatting corporate communications materials for distribution.
- Administrative support to designated projects, including tracking and following up on deliverables and due dates.
- Providing back up support to the front desk as required.
- Support to corporate HR processes and initiatives such as responding to employee inquiries and feedback; recruitment projects; payroll processing and benefits administration; onboarding and off-boarding protocols; performance review administration; and employee relations initiatives.
- Collect new-hire orientation paperwork for personnel files and input into HRIS system.
- Coordinate training sessions and seminars and perform orientations for new staff.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance. Forward matters to appropriate parties for additional action as required.
- Conduct audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and make recommendations.
- Assist with preparation of performance review processes and materials.
- Assist with recruitment, interview and background checking processes. Track status of candidates in HRIS and communicate with them appropriately throughout the recruiting process.
- Maintain employee HR information in HRIS system, and produce and submit regular and ad hoc HR reports.
- Maintain confidential HR records.
- Support various HR projects as required.
Additional Business Administration and HR Support responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, HR Administration, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive experience in office administration and HR coordination.
Preferred Sector Experience: Professional services sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (will be tested). Advanced level Excel proficiency a must.
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Overall high level of technical proficiency and familiarity with online and Cloud-based file management systems, online meeting platforms, and online research tools.
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, including advanced level business writing skills, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Proven experience as an HR Coordinator or relevant human resources and business administrative position.
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Pleasant and courteous, with proficient de-escalation skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage volume targets and due dates.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and maintain a wide and diverse range of internal and external professional relationships.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2137
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 30
Date Updated 11/30/2023