Senior Accounting Clerk – Law Firm required for mid-sized, highly regarded Toronto law firm.
Job #: 823
Position Type: Full time, permanent
Compensation: $55 000 – $65 000 per year plus competitive benefits
Core Hours: Regular business hours, Monday-Friday.
- Prepare trust and general cheques, receipts, incoming and outgoing wires and term deposits, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority, reporting to Controller.
- Process credit card payments and client related accounts payable.
- Post disbursements and input closed file numbers.
- Run monthly A-R reminders.
- Provide backup billing, filing and cash receipt duties for other team members.
- Complete accounting responsibilities using a detail oriented and highly ethical approach, integrating knowledge of audit best practices to ensure transparency.
- Fulfill other reporting, reconciliation, administration and customer service duties as required.
- Diploma or post secondary certificate in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience in a similar position
- Experience from within the legal sector required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail as demonstrated in past related work experience.
- Excellent analytic and data synthesis competency with the ability to apply effectively to accounting work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, handling a high volume of work in varying environments with ease.
- Highly self-motivated and efficient approach to work duties.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with high level Excel skills and experience utilizing its accounting functions.
- Consistent adherence to accounting and privacy ethics and accountability throughout work experience, integrating awareness of relevant legislation and best practices.
- Comfortable working full time onsite in downtown office with robust safety protocols.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 823
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 55000
Date Updated 06/26/2020