Senior Accountant required for a large provincial government agency in the West GTA. This role will be reporting to the Director of Finance.
Job ID: G8385
Location: GTA West GTA West
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government, Not for Profit
- Will oversee the day to day financial operations
- Accountable for financial management through preparing and analysing monthly internal financial statements, developing forecasts, and quarterly reports
- Will collaborate on the development of the annual budgeting process
- Will be monitoring and dissemination of monthly financial reports
- Summarizes financial impacts and risks
- Assists with the annual audit.
- The position is the lead for budgeting and reporting systems and supervises the Financial Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred)
- Completion of CPA designation or working towards a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Extensive experience with a corporate wide budgeting and financial analysis
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience
- Advance level proficiency with Excel, experience using Great Plains
- Experience with health care sector reporting is required
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Experience in internal auditing, internal controls, accounting and reporting software.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong spreadsheet skills
- Strong aptitude for detail work and accuracy.
Number Of Positions 1
Date Updated 03/11/2019