Research Analyst for government regulatory client, downtown Toronto. Excellent introduction to intelligence gathering for someone with a background in financial services, legal services, regulatory compliance, or law enforcement.
Marberg Job Number: 1962.
Job Type: Temporary
Initial Term: June 5, 2023 to September 22, 2023, with possibility of extension or direct hire.
Compensation: $31.59 per hour to $35.10 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 2 or 3 days remote-based, with balance to be worked onsite according to business need, at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH, and near TTC Station.
Provide research, intelligence gathering and information support services to internal and external clients to further regulatory enforcement investigations.
- Research sensitive intelligence information about companies and individuals from internal and external databases.
- Record, analyze and report results to internal and external clients, in accordance with strict confidentiality and use requirements.
- Monitor and administer internal processes and systems to receive and respond to intelligence requests in a timely manner.
- Respond clearly and concisely to a wide variety of requests for information, effectively identifying, troubleshooting and resolving any issues.
- Additional research, intelligence gathering and reporting responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Law, Finance, Business, or related discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: Approximately 3+ years of related research, intelligence gathering and information analysis experience within a regulatory and/or law enforcement environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Financial services industry knowledge and experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, Outlook.
- Experience utilizing databases such as Teranet, Geowarehouse, Cyberbahn/Ecore, PPSA, Bankruptcy Canada, NRD, etc.
- Proficiency with online research and search engines.
- Experience using RCMP Canadian Police Information Centre Systems preferred.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills, with a deep focus on attention to detail and demonstrated ability in synthesizing a multitude of detail from various sources.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Pleasant and courteous. Strong relationship management skills including client relations management, business networking, and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to provide 3 recent, qualified employment references, who are available to speak with promptly upon request.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security clearance, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks and Technical Skills Evaluations as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1966
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Policy and Research
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 31.59
Date Updated 08/05/2023