Relief School Secretaries and Clerical Staff for School Board Client, 2022-2023 School Year, West GTA.
Relief School Secretaries and Clerical Staff required for rapid deployment to elementary and secondary schools in the West GTA, and as far west as Orangeville and Caledon.
This is an excellent way to pick up several shifts weekly, enhance your office experience, build your resume, and increase your eligibility for direct employment with the School Board.
Marberg Job Number: 1690.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: Same Day / Short Term / On Call during the school year: we anticipate that you will be contacted for multiple short-term assignments every week, with longer assignments occasionally available. The higher your availability, the more you become our go-to person on a daily basis.
Compensation: $18 per hour to $22 per hour, according to the position and experience required.
Regular Work Hours: Typical shift is 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a 1 hour unpaid lunch break, with start and end times varying slightly according to the school. The minimum number of hours requirement for an assignment is 3.5 hours in one day.
Work Location: 100% onsite, within the administrative office of the designated west GTA school. Free parking provided.
Ergonomic Requirements: In additional to regular desk work, there may be occasional periods of extended standing, occasional lifting of heavier items such as file boxes, bending or reaching overhead to retrieve and put away files, walking extended distances inside the school building, and handling records that may be older or dusty.
Travel Requirements: You must be able to drive to the designated school at short notice. Typically we receive work requests between 6:30 am and 8 am on weekday mornings.
Onsite Dress Code: Corporate or Business Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
- Relief School Secretaries are primarily responsible for greeting students, controlling access, taking attendance, and responding to requests from students and visitors from the front desk.
- Clerical tasks may include filing, photocopying, collating and preparing documents for mail, and preparing records for archiving.
- Additional secretarial or clerical responsibilities as required.
Education: Highschool Diploma.
Minimum Preferred Experience: Familiarity with an office environment and standard office procedures. We will consider experience from work, volunteering or school.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- General knowledge of office equipment including personal computers, photocopy machines, telephones, filing systems.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Verbal fluency in additional language(s) an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct.
- Pleasant and courteous, with demonstrated commitment to client service and willing, helpful attitude.
- Friendly and professional telephone and in-person manners with students, parents and staff.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Security (VSS) check. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the VSS Check upon our acceptance of your application to this Assignment and your submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1690
Location: Canada Ontario West GTA
Number Of Positions 0
Pay Rate 18
Date Updated 08/23/2022