Regulatory Compliance Specialist for professional college client, remote-based.
Marberg Job Number: 1884.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for 12 months, with possibility of direct-hire.
Compensation: $36.39 per hour to $43.85 per hour, according to experience and qualifications.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.5 work hours per day not including unpaid .5 hour lunch break and an additional .5 hour in unpaid breaks, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Currently remote-based.
Support College’s Quality Management and Continuous Quality Improvement Programs through regulatory compliance investigations, quality assurance audits, and provision of follow-up advice and direction to its licensed practitioner members.
- Perform audits to ensure licensee compliance with regulations, identifying any potential and actual violations and risks related to practice management and performance of duties.
- Produce reports on audit and investigation findings. Provide feedback to licensed practitioners on their regulatory compliance status, and identify deficiencies. Advise on any required remedial actions
- Collaborate with licensees on quality assurance action plans. Monitor and report on progress of action plan implementation.
- Respond to regulatory compliance inquiries and concerns from licensees and general public according to established guidelines and precedents framework.
- Escalate complex or unusual issues to senior members of the quality management team as needed. Seek innovative solutions, including initiating cross-departmental collaboration.
- Identify and address any identified gaps in standards and quality management operational processes. Develop and recommend systemic improvements.
- Contribute to writing and publication of business communications including website content, training documentation, briefing notes and meeting minutes. Draft memos and reports for a variety of audiences.
- Additional investigatory, audit, advisory and reporting responsibilities as required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of practice management experience, preferably from a legal or professional services consultant discipline, and at least 3+ years of practice quality assurance, audit or similar experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency in standard office administrative software.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including expert level business and technical writing skills, and strong verbal presentation skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of quality assurance processes, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1884
Location: Canada Ontario
Category: Policy and Research
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 36.39
Date Updated 02/21/2023