Recruitment Specialist for provincial government agency client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 1817.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: December 1, 2022 to April 21, 2023, with possibility of additional extension or conversion to direct-hire.
Compensation: $50 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 3 days remote-based, and 2 days onsite at Client’s North York office, on TTC line.
- Provide expert advisory and full cycle recruitment, onboarding and orientation services for recruitment of a diverse workforce within a unionized environment. Will develop, implement and manage recruitment strategies, projects and processes, including acquiring and directing external search firms as needed.
- Conduct planning and implementation of key recruitment initiatives, ensuring optimized talent acquisition processes to attract and retain employees.
- Provide expertise, advice and guidance regarding all aspects of executive, management and staff recruitment initiatives and processes.
- Ensure fair, transparent, equitable and effective hiring practices in compliance with legislative requirements, organization policies, Collective Agreements, and HR best practices and industry standards.
- Develop and implement recruitment plans for hiring competitions, supporting hiring managers in development of job postings, outreach strategies and recruitment processes.
- Develop or advise on preparation of competition packages, including interview questions, tests, assignments and reference questions. Participate on selection panels as required.
- Develop, implement, and lead onboarding and orientation programs for new executives, managers and employees.
- Provide coaching and training on recruitment programs, plans and initiatives to HR team and internal clients.
- Lead and participate in designated Human Resources Committees, preparing presentations or briefings for HR leadership to submit to CEO and Board of Directors accordingly.
- Additional Recruitment Specialist full cycle recruitment and advisory services as required.
Education: Post secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or related discipline.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 4+ years of experience in provision and oversight of full cycle recruitment initiatives.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector and unionized employment environment experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency with MSOffice applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat an asset.
- Proficiency and general familiarity with HRIS systems and ATS systems an asset.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills, polished, professional telephone manners and clear, articulate verbal presentation skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated expertise in all aspects of recruitment including strategy, planning, research and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in development and introduction of innovative recruitment methods to attract talent at executive, management and staff levels.
- Sound knowledge of governing legislation, including Ontario Human Rights Code, Employment Standards Act, privacy legislation, health and safety legislation, and other pertinent legislation impacting recruitment within a broader public sector environment.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills; ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1817
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 50
Date Updated 11/22/2022