Recruitment Specialist required for Provincial Government Agency.
Job Type: Temporary Assignment, 6 months initial term
Hours: Full Time, Regular Business Hours; some flexibility or overtime may be required.
Compensation: $37 – $40 per hour
Location: Onsite Work Location; downtown Toronto
- Respond to recruitment requirements within different agency departments, using awareness of relevant needs, initiatives and culture to provide high quality recruitment and screening in collaboration with HR Business Partner team.
- Ensure that appropriate internal and external legislation, policies and practices are applied consistently and fairly to all parties during recruitment and selection process.
- Prepare job postings and advertise positions appropriately based on needs, making best practice recommendations to attract highly qualified applicants.
- Maintain resume databases and assist hiring manager when necessary throughout hiring process.
- Provide support and coaching to hiring managers on all matters related to hiring and recruitment.
- Use industry knowledge to finalize job offers, including advising on salary guidelines for union and non-union positions, ensuring compliance with collective agreements and corporate policy, conducting final criminal, credential and credit screenings, and presenting job offers, negotiating terms as required.
- Participate in the facilitation of on-boarding and off-boarding programs, ensuring compliance with orientation requirements and maintaining pristine documentation of any changes to employment status for distribution within HR team.
- Contribute to development of policies, standards and procedures using feedback to recommend changes as necessary and identify areas for improvement.
- Resolve issues related to recruitment and broader HR legislation, using judgement to escalate concerns as necessary.
- Participate in relationship building with internal and external stakeholders to engage in knowledge exchange, identify industry trends and maintain up to date recruitment practices.
- Undergraduate degree in related field and certificate in accredited Human Resources program.
- CHRP designation or in progress.
- 5+ years related experience in recruitment or HR generalist role.
- Experience in a unionized, health sector or academic environment would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of HR practices and principles with demonstrated experience in full cycle recruitment.
- Awareness of employment legislation and related regulations.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of digital recruitment methodology, systems and tools to meet client needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage effectively with all parties involved in the recruitment process.
- A team focused approach and commitment to collective excellence within the organization in achieving HR goals.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and employment references.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 963
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Human Resources
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 37
Date Updated 11/11/2020