Receptionist and Switchboard Operator for leading not-for-profit community services client, corporate head office.
Marberg Job Number: 2106.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to January 25, 2024.
Compensation: $29.02 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 9 am to 5 pm not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday (35.0 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, short walk from TTC station.
Provide professional reception services to a busy front desk and main lobby, and share responsibility for central switchboard coverage with other members of the administrative support team.
- Receive, screen and direct all internal and external general calls, using an automated switchboard. Close switchboard at end of business day.
- Receive and greet clients, visitors and staff and tradespeople. Maintain visitor log.
- Coordinate meeting room bookings and assist with monitoring meeting rooms to ensure they are tidy and business-ready.
- Book outgoing and log incoming courier deliveries.
- Book fleet vehicles for use by organization staff and arrange for fleet maintenance.
- Hold packages and other assets for pick up at reception.
- Maintain and update reception area’s bulletin boards, display cabinets and other information facilities as needed.
- Arrange for technical support and trade services as needed.
- Additional reception and switchboard responsibilities as needed.
Education: High school Diploma.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of experience in staffing a busy reception desk and main switchboard.
Preferred Sector Experience: Community services, health care services, or public information desk experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- General proficiency with standard front desk office equipment including computer equipment, switchboard, printer, scanner, etc.
- General proficiency in MSOffice including Word, Excel, and Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
- Verbal fluency in additional language(s) an asset.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character.
- Focused and able to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision, to prioritize tasks effectively, and to manage a high volume of activity.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proficient de-escalation skills. Ability to surmount internal and external job pressures. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2106
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 29.02
Date Updated 10/19/2023