Quality Assurance Testing Lead, IT Systems Workflow Tool, for provincial government client in downtown Toronto.
Update (August 31, 2021): This position is still open, however our client has closed it to additional applications at this time. Any resumes submitted for this position will be held on file to be reviewed should the application process re-open and for future job opportunities.
Marberg Job Number: 1268.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term October 1 2021 to March 31 2022, with possible extension.
Number of Positions Open: 1.
Experience Level Required: Senior.
Compensation: $50/hr to $53/hr.
Recommended Application Date: IMMEDIATELY – Please note that we are shortlisting Candidates immediately, and will be reviewing final applications by Tuesday, August 31, 2021.
Work Hours: Regular Business Hours, 36.25 hours per week.
Work Location: Currently Remote, but may transition to onsite, downtown Toronto location later in the assignment. Must be able to attend onsite as required. Equipment will be provided for remote-work location.
Ergonomic Requirements: Regular Desk Duties.
- Project leadership to development teams engaged in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of large, complex applications.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of business requirements in order to develop testing strategies for each application.
- Lead development of testing plans including oversight of all user acceptance and quality assurance reviews.
- Oversee all testing documentation, including system testing use cases, automated scripts and user acceptance scripts.
- Lead user reviews of all new and enhanced systems, ensuring all system components comply with business requirements.
- Provides direction and guidance to leadership team on all matters related to user acceptance and system testing of new workflow tool.
- Additional Quality Assurance and Project Leadership responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Experience: At least 5+ years of QA IT Systems testing experience and 2+ years of Leadership/Project Management Experience from an ERP level organization. Regulatory environment experience (e.g. bank, government, regulatory association) preferred.
Leadership Responsibilities: Leadership of development teams, and provide authoritative advise to a wide range of users and senior management.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Must be proficient with Agile Testing; Automation Testing; SDLC; Web and Mobile technologies; Testing tools and techniques; Defect tracking and Test Case Management Tools; SQL and Cross-Browser Testing.
- Should have knowledge of Design Review, Microsoft Dynamics, and Azure.
- Should have knowledge of programming, general operating systems and familiarity with different domains.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Expertise in creating and deploying quality assurance test plans.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate regularly with senior management, internal clients and project teams.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems.
- Excellent listening skills; ability to work cooperatively within a team; ability to provide and receive professional, effective feedback.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven leadership skills, ability to work collaboratively and to liaise effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Please note that Marberg Staffing only accepts applications through Indeed.ca, LinkedIn and marberg.com.
Job ID: 1268
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 50
Date Updated 09/07/2021