Psychometrician for provincial government agency client, remote-based. Opportunity open to Candidates from across Canada.
Marberg Job Number: 1735.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: October 17, 2022, for up to 2 years.
Compensation: $39.59 per hour to $58.33 per hour, according to experience.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications will be contacted same or next business day from date of application.
Work Hours: 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Remote-based. Will consider Candidates from across Canada. Occasional attendance at Client’s downtown Toronto office or professional conferences may be required.
To provide psychometric expertise in planning, designing and conducting psychometric/statistical analyses of assessment and field test data for multiple and large-scale provincial education assessments; to advise on multi-stage computer adaptive testing (MSCAT) and other online testing programs; and to design and conduct psychometric research studies and present results for peer review.
- Review current professional field research findings and innovations. Design, evaluate, recommend and implement new psychometric procedures and data analysis methods accordingly, emphasizing MSCAT.
- Establish comparable, multi-year score results for multiple large-scale provincial assessments. Advise on cut scores.
- Design and conduct psychometric and statistical analysis of operational data. Manage all phases of psychometric activities, including timelines, schedules and deliverables.
- Advise on design and maintenance of large-scale test item pools, ensuring test items meet specified statistical and psychometric criteria.
- Analyze and advise on effectiveness, validity and reliability of assessment test questions, relationship of test components, and alignment between assessments. Conduct analysis to resolve issues related to students’ appeal process.
- Participate in design and development of reliability indices to determine soundness of field test data. Identify areas for test design improvements. Advise on inclusion of future test items and test form construction. Develop guidelines for interpretation of statistical results, and document psychometric methodologies.
- Analyze and evaluate assessment data systems design, data capture and analysis, and data quality assurance procedures. Provide recommendations to improve quality of data in future assessment projects.
- Develop new psychometric procedures and data analysis methods, and advise on their anticipated impact on programs, practices, policies and performance measures.
- Identify and report on current and emergent requirements for assessment content, analysis methodologies, information format, and risk assessment formulas. Identify and evaluate impact of demographic and statistical trends on student achievement.
- Write, publish and present research reports and papers at regional, national and international conferences and internally.
- Additional psychometric research, evaluation, project management and advisory responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Graduate Degree in related discipline, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of progressive, related work and/or academic experience, including education assessment theory, item response theory, adaptive testing methods, assessment instrument design and data collection and analysis systems. Previous publication in peer journals is highly desirable.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Programming skills to conduct analyses and interpret and report on data output, e.g. proficiency in SAS, SPSS, R, MATLAB, SPLUSBILOG-MG, MULTILOG, LISREL, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL, Parscale, R, MS Office Suite (including expert level Excel) and PowerBI preferred.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including technical and business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Strong knowledge of online and large-scale education assessments, education assessment theories and methodologies, relevant legislation, guidelines and professional standards.
- Sound understanding of principles and application of psychometric, quantitative and statistical methodologies, including item response theory, item calibration, score equating, Hierarchical Linear Modeling, and statistical procedures for dealing with missing data.
- Sound understanding of assessment instrument design, and data collection, management and analysis processes.
- Familiarity with automated test assembly, adaptive testing methods (CAT), and LOFT testing.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills; demonstrated ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including vendor management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and demonstrated ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work effectively and independently on a remote-basis, including regular requirements for extended periods of intense concentration.
- Ability to work onsite as needed, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to work occasional overtime to accommodate short notice demands or deadline modifications, or attend meetings and conferences.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series upon request.
- Satisfactory Background Checks including Education and Credentials Verification and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Aboriginal people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1735
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government, Systems and IT
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 39.59
Date Updated 09/22/2022