Project Site Administrator for well established GTA construction company client.
Marberg Job Number: 1756.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent.
Target Compensation Range: $50,000-$55,000 per annum, with some flexibility according to experience. Competitive benefits and 3 weeks’ paid vacation starting first year of employment.
Regular Work Hours: 7.5 work hours per day, not including lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: 100% onsite at Client’s West GTA head office near airport, with one day per week at current East GTA site office location. Additional travel costs incurred for site visit commutes will be compensated.
Ergonomic Requirements: In additional to regular desk work, there may be occasional lifting of file boxes weighing up to 30 lbs., and ergonomic requirements such as bending, crouching, and reaching overhead to perform records management tasks.
Travel Requirements: Commuting to various GTA project sites as required. Access to own vehicle and valid driver’s license mandatory.
Administrative and project support to Project Manager and Site staff. Responsible for day-to-day administration of Project Site Office, including tracking and scheduling project deliverables; scheduling and attending planning meetings, taking notes, following up on action items; project files and database management; and project site reception.
- Main point-of-contact and liaison between Buyer, Sellers and Project Manager
- Create and maintain project schedules on MS Project, including Recovery Methods, Progress of Completion and Allocated Resources. Review and update project schedules daily.
- Create, format and track RFI, RFQ and transmittal documents.
- Coordinate work tasks and schedules for Sub-Trades.
- Record and track weekly Timesheets, Revisions, Lookaheads, Job Progress, and Work Hours, and report information to Prime Contractor during weekly meetings. Prepare and distribute meeting minutes.
- Assist with creation of Pre-Task Plans and Health and Safety documentation.
- Track Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Bulletins/Field Order items.
- Input Schedule of Values information to support monthly billing.
- Manage Project Site recordkeeping, both electronic and hard copy.
- Additional administrative, coordinative and clerical responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary education in project administration, business administration or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 1+ years of office administration experience.
Preferred Sector Experience: Construction project experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced Proficiency in MSOffice – Word, Excel, Project, Outlook (will be tested).
- Strong typing and data entry skills (will be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated record of motivation and professional conduct.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization. Polished and professional telephone manners.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a team, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external business contacts.
- Must have a valid class “G” driver’s license, and access to own vehicle for commuting purposes.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies and commuting to GTA project site locations as required.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series.
- Satisfactory Background Checks including Driver’s Abstract, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1756
Location: Canada Ontario Etobicoke
Category: Administrative, Business Operations
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 50000
Date Updated 02/10/2022