Project Manager – Provincial Government Agency, to support the design and implementation of project plans for agency start-up phase.
Marberg Job #1160.
Job Type: Temporary, initial term June 7 2021-December 3 2021, possibility of extension.
Work Hours: Regular day-time hours.
Work Location: Currently Remote.
Compensation: Between $40/hr to $60/hr according to experience. Applications will be considered on the basis of both professional qualifications and desired hourly pay rate.
- Development and implementation of project plans and project tracking and reporting, using best practice project management approaches and tools.
- Provide project management expertise and support for range of projects, both strategic and operational, related to the start-up phase of a new public sector agency.
- Provide project support, oversight and coordination to ensure project deliverables, milestones and budgets are met throughout project stages.
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met.
- Provide high quality project processes and tools, including reporting, monitoring, dashboards, project calendars and status reports.
- Identify issues and risks, and support development of mitigation strategies, adjusting project timelines and other change management considerations as required.
- Recommend and develop project tools, standards and guidelines for general organizational use during the course of the assignment, based on project management best practices.
- Provide project management administration as required, including documenting and following up on actions and decisions, preparing presentation materials and coordinating project meetings.
- Postsecondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Project Management or related discipline.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or equivalent accreditation.
- Public sector project management experience, e.g. from a provincial agency or broader public sector organization, is a strong asset.
- Start-up environment experience is a strong asset.
- Expert level knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and best practices.
- Proven ability to manage and monitor projects according to project scope, budget and timelines.
- Proven ability to develop and utilize simple, clear tools to track and report on range of projects.
- Proven flexibility, agility, coordinative and organizational skills; ability to adapt to changing situations, prioritize work effectively, and meet tight deadlines.
- Creativity and problem solving ability.
- Stand-out relationship management skills; ability to work well both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Proficiency with MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint and Microsoft Planner (online proficiency tests may be requested).
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with wide range of internal and external stakeholders and communicate effectively with various audiences.
- Ability to work on a remote basis.
- Satisfactory CPIC Criminal Background Check, Education and Credentials Verification and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 1160
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 40
Date Updated 05/28/2021