Project Coordinator for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2112.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 6, 2023 to May 3, 2024
Compensation: $35 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote-based and onsite at client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC and GO Stations.
Provide diverse project support and control services to project management team, including end-to-end integration of financial activities, establishment of new inventory management processes and financial systems, and monitoring of project management activities.
- Track multiple project plans, monitor progress, assess achievement of expectations, prepare progress reports on project plan targets and results.
- Monitor progress of associated procurements from expenditure approval through to contract close-out, and assist with development of procurement related artifacts.
- Conduct analysis of project milestones and progress data to identify trends, emerging issues, and adjustments to timelines as needed.
- Facilitate communications between internal and external stakeholders, including meeting logistics, drafting and distributing agendas and meeting notes, and following up on action items. Maintain and update RAID logs.
- Prepare project materials including correspondence, reports, presentations, and supporting documentation, ensuring consistency in messaging and compliance with established business processes and procedures.
- Maintain current, comprehensive internal library of project documentation and artifacts for each project, in compliance with organization records management policy and documents retention schedules.
- Monitor and reconcile individual project budgets and expenditures through all stages of project lifecycle; coordinate processing of project invoices and procurement documents with financial staff.
- Provide project scheduling and administration updates on behalf of project manager.
- Develop and implement standardized processes, tools, and templates to be applied to project activities, ensuring alignment with project management best practices and standards.
- Onboard and offboard project resources, and arrange for security clearance, and set up and discontinuation of access and equipment. Ensure regulatory and contracts compliance.
- Additional project control, coordination and support responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Project Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration or similar discipline.
Professional Credentials: Enrolled in or awarded CAPM or PMP designation an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2-3+ years of progressive experience providing project and administrative services within a project management environment.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector or regulatory sector employment experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced level MSOffice including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Proficiency in MSProject and JIRA. General experience and familiarity with technical documentation, flowcharts, and schedules (may be tested).
- Proficiency with online file management tools such as SharePoint an asset.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal, including expert level business writing skills, excellent spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles, methodologies and best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of records management procedures and processes, including records retention, disposition and classification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial policies and processes, including familiarity with project budgets, accruals, and vendor invoice management.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous. Demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively for self and others, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong relationship management skills including client and vendor relations management, business networking, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, possibly including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the security checks upon confirmation of assignment start and submission of approved expense receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2112
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Administrative, Business Operations, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 35
Date Updated 10/27/2023