Procurement Coordinator for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2104.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: November 6, 2023 to May 6, 2024.
Compensation: $25.38 per hour.
Recommended Application Date: Immediately – please note that we are screening and shortlisting Candidates immediately and qualified applications may be contacted same day as date of application.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.25 work hours per day, not including unpaid .75 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of 2 days remote and 3 days onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and near TTC station.
Provide support to Procurement and Project Management office, including coordinating procurement activities, approvals, contracts, and project administrative tasks.
- Plan and coordinate mid-to-high value procurement activities, completing/reviewing quotes and purchase requests for approval, coordinating evaluation process, issuing purchase orders, monitoring contract progress, and ensuring receipt of procured goods and services.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, project status reports, and related documents.
- Coordinate meetings, including scheduling, creating briefing notes and taking minutes.
- Gather and prepare data in fulfillment of reporting requirements. Ensure internal systems and databases are accurately maintained.
- Participate in procurement projects through contacting clients or suppliers, undertaking research and analysis, and other assigned project components.
- Provides technical and administrative support on various procurement and contract management tools.
- Additional administrative and procurement support responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Public Administration, Business Administration, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of related administrative experience in procurement.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong MS Office skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint (will be tested).
- Familiarity with project management software.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- General knowledge of procurement and contract management procedures, guidelines, systems and standards.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and practices.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2104
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Procurement
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 25.38
Date Updated 10/25/2023