Procurement and Finance Assistant for provincial government agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 2011.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 3 months, with possibility of extension or conversion to direct-hire contract.
Compensation: $28.36 Per Hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote and onsite work, with at least 1 day per week required at Client’s downtown Toronto office, on PATH and near TTC station.
To coordinate procurement, contract and asset management activities, and provide associated financial and budget administration.
- Support planning and execution of procurement activities, including obtaining quotes, preparing RFP/RFI documentation and tracking and following up on due dates.
- Validate procurement requests to ensure compliance with procurement policies and budgets, and address any issues as identified.
- Maintain current information on vendors, service providers and other resources.
- Coordinate contract and license agreement administration activities. Monitor contract/agreement amendments, renewals, expiry dates and budgets, maintain contract invoice summaries and liaise with vendors or legal representatives to address any issues as identified.
- Provide budget and billing administration, including monitoring expenditures, gathering historical data to support budget forecasts, preparing billing and accrual reports, and liaising with vendors or Finance department as required.
- Additional procurement and financial responsibilities as required.
Education: College Diploma in Business Administration, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of experience in financial administration, including budget, purchasing, accounting, or contracts administration.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public Sector Procurement experience an asset.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Strong MSOffice skills in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested)
- Proficient arithmetic skills (will be tested).
- Expertise in database management.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and polished, professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Familiarity with IT terminology and software license procedures.
- Self starter: punctual, responsible and reliable, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to due dates.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Advanced organizational, coordinative and problem solving skills, with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to provide 3 qualified employment references upon request.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Ability to complete a satisfactory Provincial Government security check, including a Fingerprint Check, prior to assignment start. Please note that Marberg will reimburse for the cost of the Fingerprint Check upon your acceptance of Assignment Offer and submission of approved Expense Receipts.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, including CPIC Check and Technical Skills Evaluations as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2011
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Government, Procurement
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 28.36
Date Updated 06/27/2023