Procurement Administrator for provincial government agency client, North York office.
Marberg Job Number: 1939.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP to May 7, 2024.
Compensation: $35 per hour.
Regular Work Hours: 7.25 hours per day not including 1 hour unpaid lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (36.25 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – 3 days per week work from home and 2 days per week onsite at client’s North York office, near TTC station.
Process high volume of purchase orders and provide additional procurement and administrative support to senior Procurement Advisors, including preparing procurement materials and procurement status reports, and maintaining and updating vendor and procurement information on spreadsheets, databases and SharePoint sites.
- Create Suppler Contracts, Purchase Orders and Vendor Profiles in Workday HCM.
- Assist with preparation of procurement materials including Business Cases, RFX’s, and various evaluation documents and materials.
- Assist Finance Department to update issued Purchase Orders and Vendor information.
- Assist with provision of procurement financial information for financial and audit reporting purposes.
- Maintain Procurement Tracker in MSExcel.
- Maintain Procurement SharePoint Site.
- Additional Procurement Administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Public Sector Administration, Business Administration, or similar discipline, or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of relevant experience in procurement, financial or business administration.
Preferred Sector Experience: Public sector experience preferred.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in Office 365 Excel, Word, Outlook (will be tested).
- Excellent attention to detail (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Established proficiency with SharePoint and iCloud based programs for creating Purchase Orders (may be tested).
- Knowledge of Workday HCM or similar application.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including strong business writing skills and proficient spelling, grammar, proofreading and syntax, and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct, character, responsibility and reliability.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to volume targets and deadline.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to present 2 verifiable Reference Letters from supervisory references promptly upon request, as part of the application process.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely from home and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Additional satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References as required.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1939
Location: Canada Ontario North York
Category: Government, Procurement
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 35
Date Updated 11/02/2023