Policy Advisor for professional college client, remote-based.
Marberg Job Number: 2055.
Job Type: Temporary.
Initial Term: ASAP for approximately 12 months.
Compensation: From $36.40 per hour to $44.37 per hour, according to experience.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME HOURS – 7.5 work hours per day not including unpaid .5 hour lunch break and an additional .5 hour in unpaid breaks, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (37.5 work hours per week).
Work Location: Currently 100% remote-based.
Provide research, analysis and policy development expertise, and support identification, development and delivery of policy initiatives informing program operations, regulations, and decisions of the College.
- Develop and review new and existing policies, frameworks, and standards, and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Conduct information gathering and analysis, interpret research results, identify key issues and develop policy options.
- Review and analyze pertinent policy proposals, jurisprudence and sector specific concerns.
- Develop policy proposals informed by evidence, considering balanced stakeholder perspectives, and including regulatory principles.
- Evaluate impact of policy proposals on the College and its stakeholders, and identify opportunities for consensus on mutual issues.
- Evaluate input from government, subject matter experts, senior management, and external stakeholders.
- Consult with key stakeholders, and negotiate and resolve conflicts to ensure policy proposals balance competing interests.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to manage consultations on policy and regulatory matters.
- Prepare briefing notes, attend briefings, prepare complex, non-routine correspondence, memoranda and other written communications.
- Lead preparation of publications, reports and recommendations to support senior decision makers at the College.
- Additional research, analysis, and policy development and implementation responsibilities as required.
Education: Post secondary degree in public policy, public administration, or law.
Professional Credentials: Project management designation an asset.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 5+ years of experience in program, operational, or strategic policy development.
Preferred Sector Experience: At least 5+ years of government or broader public sector organization experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Verbal and written fluency in French an asset (we will require a French fluency evaluation for candidates represented as Bilingual).
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams).
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and accurately read, comprehend and process large volumes of complex written information.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, including expert level business writing skills and effective verbal presentation skills, applicable to a range of audiences.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Familiarity with Canadian immigration legislation and policy an asset.
- Demonstrated experience applying policy development principles and writing policy documents.
- Demonstrated experience providing policy advice and recommendations on complex subjects and issues in a regulatory context.
- Demonstrated ability to understand legal concepts, qualitative and quantitative research, and key theories and principles.
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills to assemble, evaluate and apply information to formulate and develop policy options.
- Experience leading projects in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works independently to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Ability to motivate and engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels of seniority.
- Proven ability to respond to sensitive and confidential matters with tact, discretion, and excellent judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Strong relationship management skills including internal and external stakeholder relations management, business networking, negotiation, change management and consulting/advisory skills. Excellent listening skills, and the ability to provide and receive effective feedback.
- Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work 100% remotely, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2055
Location: Canada Ontario Remote-based
Category: Policy and Research
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 36.4
Date Updated 08/17/2023