Payroll Specialist for Provincial Government Agency
Job Type: Temporary, initial term 3 months
Compensation: $33.88/hr to $39.87/hr, regular full time hours.
- Processing bi-weekly payroll and payroll year-end, benefits administration and payroll and benefits-related reconciliations, reporting and remittances.
- Focus of this temporary assignment is year end processing: reconciliations and issuing mandatory forms (e.g., T4) and submission of annual filings.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation mandatory.
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation awarded or near completion a strong asset.
- Post secondary Degree or Diploma in Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant Payroll Administration experience.
- Expertise in payroll compliance and reporting in a unionized environment with defined benefit pension plans.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and benefits legislation.
- Thorough knowledge of benefits administration, e.g. health, dental, pension, etc.
- Proficiency in a payroll software application and proven ability to coordinate with payroll service provider (e.g. ADP, Ceridian).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications: advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook (will be tested).
- Proven expertise in accounting principles, practices and procedures as related to the payroll and benefits processing.
- Strong records management skills and experience working with confidential information.
- Strong math skills.
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and strong listening skills.
- Customer service focus; ability to work well in a busy team environment.
- Satisfactory criminal background and professional credentials verification check and employment references.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Job ID: 953
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 33.88
Date Updated 08/11/2020