Payroll Specialist required for provincial government agency located in downtown Toronto.
Position type: Temporary full-time
Job posted: November 4, 2019
- Provide information in response to a range of payroll inquiries from Managers and staff (all levels) based on application of established payroll processes and practices, Collective Agreements and payroll related legislation;
- Process bi-weekly payroll, ensuring compliance with all applicable payroll statutory, legislation, policies & procedures and Collective Agreements;
- Review payroll pre-processing reports prior to transmission to ensure accuracy of all information
- Run payroll and review post-payroll reports for accuracy;
- Receive Employee Change Order (ECO) forms from Managers and Human Resources staff regarding all staff changes, reviews and verifies for accuracy, appropriate authorizations and that transactions are in compliance with the Collective Agreements, Employment Standards Act and payroll control policies;
- Update the payroll/benefits database by keying in all required information, ensuring that transactions are reflected appropriately, making adjustments and corrections as requested or required.
- Certification as a Payroll Compliance Practitioner, (CPA);
- 5 years’ experience in processing payroll, using ADP and EZ Labour, in a multi-union and multi-functional environment
- Knowledge of standard payroll principles/practices and legislative requirements and knowledge and skills to apply Collective Agreements and legislation to payroll inquiries and processes
- Proficient with various computerized payroll systems, and MS Office software including: ADP, EZ Labour, word processing, database management and spreadsheet applications
- Math skills to perform a variety of manual payroll related calculations (e.g., merits, severances, pensions, retroactive payments);
- Oral communication and written communication skills to respond to a range of inquiries, and work with auditors during year end audits and to respond to their inquiries;
- Written communication skills to draft payroll procedures for review of the Manager.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 527
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Government
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 40.9
Date Updated 04/11/2019