Payroll and Benefits Clerk for Not for Profit Community Services Agency client, downtown Toronto.
Marberg Job Number: 1721.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent.
Compensation: $50,000 to $55,000 per annum plus benefits.
Regular Work Hours: 9 am to 5 pm with 1 hour lunch break, Monday to Friday.
Work Location: Hybrid: split between remote-work and onsite at Client’s downtown Toronto office, near TTC.
Onsite Dress Code: Business or Neat Casual Dress; Non-Scented Personal Products Workplace Policy in effect.
Support organization’s bi-weekly payroll and provide additional administrative and clerical processing services to the Payroll and Accounting Team.
- Liaise with Human Resources to ensure documentation and input to payroll system is complete and accurate.
- Process payroll information for salaried and hourly employees, including new hires, rate changes, and employee benefits.
- Review bi–weekly timecards for accuracy, completeness and approvals.
- Assist with preparation of regular and ad hoc payroll and benefits reconciliations and reports, including time and attendance, RRSP remittance, EHT, and T4/T4A. Ensure proper supporting documentation obtained and on file.
- Respond to payroll and benefits inquiries from employees.
- Additional payroll and benefits administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business, or related discipline.
Professional Credentials: Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification awarded or in progress.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 2+ years of work experience in a complex payroll environment, including benefits plan administration.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Sound knowledge of Canadian payroll processes (will be tested).
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel (will be tested).
- Strong data entry skills (will be tested).
- Familiarity with ADP payroll systems (may be tested).
- Familiarity with Sage 300 (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Punctual, responsible, and reliable. Demonstrated professional character and conduct.
Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with a team.
Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work to due dates.
Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
Demonstrated successful experience of prioritizing work, making decisions and communicating with others within a values framework of respect, equity, anti-racism, diversity and inclusivity.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of position’s responsibilities.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to position start.
- Provision of certification of full COVID-19 vaccination series prior to position start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1721
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll, Not for Profit
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 50000
Date Updated 09/04/2022