Payroll and Benefits Administrator for leading financial services client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 2029.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent.
Start Date: ASAP.
Compensation: $65,000 – $75,000 per annum, according to experience, plus full benefits.
Regular Work Hours: FULL TIME WORK HOURS – 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – combination of remote and onsite work at Client’s North York office, near TTC station. Initial training will be 100% onsite.
To provide full cycle bi-weekly payroll processing and benefits administration for a large organization.
- Process payroll, benefits, and retirement plans for salaried employees. Review and process submitted timesheets.
- Create and maintain employee records.
- Utilize ADP Workforce Now to generate reports.
- Support year-end procedures.
- Address staff inquiries regarding payroll and benefits. Collaborate on team projects and continuous process improvements as required.
- Additional payroll and benefits administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Professional Credentials: Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or in-progress Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) certification required.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of full cycle payroll processing experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables (will be tested).
- Proficiency in ADP Workforce Now (WFN) (may be tested).
- Sound knowledge of current Canadian legislative payroll requirements across Canada and Canada Revenue Agency regulations (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Solid full cycle payroll experience.
- Experience administering Group Benefits and Retirement Plans.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to assignment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to assignment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 2029
Location: Canada Ontario North York
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 65000
Date Updated 07/17/2023