Payroll Administrator for well established financial services client, North York.
Marberg Job Number: 1786.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent.
Compensation: $55,000 per annum to $60,000 per annum plus full benefits.
Regular Work Hours: 7.0 work hours per day, not including unpaid 1 hour lunch break, to be worked during regular business hours, Monday to Friday (35 work hours per week).
Work Location: Hybrid – primarily remote-based, with periodic attendance at Client’s North York Toronto office, on TTC line. Initial training will be 100% onsite.
Provide full cycle biweekly payroll processing for approximately 350 salaried employees.
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries about payroll and benefits.
- Benefits and retirement plan administration.
- Create, review and update employee records.
- Create reports using ADP Workforce Now.
- Assist with year-end processes.
- Participate in team projects and process enhancements.
- Additional payroll and benefits administration responsibilities as required.
Education: Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, or applicable combination of work experience and education.
Professional Credentials: PCP Designation or working towards CPM Designation.
Preferred Work Experience: At least 3+ years of full cycle payroll processing experience.
Technical and Language Skills Requirements:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables (will be tested).
- Proficiency in ADP Workforce Now (WFN) (may be tested).
- Sound knowledge of current Canadian legislative payroll requirements across Canada and Canada Revenue Agency regulations (may be tested).
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and verbal, including satisfactory business writing skills and professional telephone manners.
Task -Based Qualifications and Additional Attributes:
- Solid full cycle payroll experience.
- Experience administering Group Benefits and Retirement Plans.
- Demonstrated record of professional conduct and character. Responsible, reliable and works to deadlines.
- Pleasant and courteous: demonstrated commitment to client service and professional representation of the organization.
- Proven ability to professionally handle confidential information and exercise good judgement in the interpretation and application of instructions and organization policy.
- Superior attention to detail, and organized, methodical approach to completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, collaboratively, and in an advisory capacity, and liaise effectively with a wide and diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, providing satisfactory documentation upon request.
- Ability to work both remotely and onsite as required, abiding by organization health and safety policies.
- Ability to declare personal Non-Conflict of Interest in execution of assignment responsibilities prior to employment start.
- Provision of certification of AODA and OHSA online training course completion prior to employment start.
- Satisfactory Background Checks, Technical Skills Evaluations, and Employment References.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that Marberg Staffing updates job posts regularly, and external job boards may not reflect these changes in a timely fashion. Please refer to https://marberg.com/career-portal for the most current information including salary range.
Marberg is committed to supporting workplace diversity and inclusivity, to reflect the demographic profile of all Ontarians. Applications are encouraged from equity seeking groups including people of colour, Indigenous people, individuals with disabilities, and people from the LGBTQ2S community.
Job ID: 1786
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 55000
Date Updated 11/02/2022