Payroll Administrator required for a Provincial Government agency downtown.
Job #: 276
Job Posted: July 3, 2019
- Prepares semi-monthly payroll within the established deadlines and in compliance with government legislation.
- Reviewing all payroll transactions to ensure proper back-up documents, complete and correct calculations for all different types of adjustments
- Prepares monthly payroll journal entries and payroll accounts reconciliations to G/L.
- Maintains payroll remitting processes and ensures a timely and accurate preparation of all third party and statutory remittances and prepares year-end payroll reporting, including T4/T4A/ Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)/Employer Health Tax (EHT) annual returns.
- Provide information/assistance/advice/interpretations to clients and respond to complaints regarding discrepancies or errors.
- Maintain accurate data for filing and a variety of records.
- Work collaboratively with HR.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification/or equivalent or 5-10 years of payroll experience.
- Demonstrate work experience is running a full cycle payroll using ADP
- Knowledge of ADP Pay@Work and People@Work software to produce payrolls.
- Knowledge of relevant sections of federal and provincial legislation related to statutory deductions and benefits, and experience in applying these in a payroll environment.
- Experienced with large-scale payroll systems and human resources information systems and Microsoft Office software packages.
- Strong organizational skills to set priorities to meet payroll cut-off dates.
- Advance communication and interpersonal skills to respond to customer service issues using verbal or electronic means.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job ID: 276
Location: Canada Ontario Toronto
Category: Accounting and Payroll
Number Of Positions 1
Pay Rate 0
Date Updated 03/07/2019